This listing is for a Vintage 1978 Ludwig Acrolite LM404 that’s been reconditioned, and spray painted in an eye-catching purple sparkle that we call “Purple Craze”. The drum works flawlessly, and plays beautifully.
The Ludwig Acrolite Classic snare may have begun as a starter drum, but since its introduction in the early 1960s, its lively, distinctive tone has become legendary. Great for any playing situation, this lightweight snare's seamless, beaded, brushed-aluminum shell yields a penetrating, dry-sounding crack with a resonance and tone that match more expensive models.
Ludwig Acrolite Snare Drum Features at a Glance:
- 5" x 14" seamless aluminum snare drum
- P85 strainer yields excellent response
- Seamless, beaded, brushed-aluminum shell yields a dry, penetrating crack
- Matching brushed Classic dual snare lugs
- Puresound 20 Strand Snare Wires
- Spray painted Purple Craze makes it a real Stand Out!