This listing is for a Yamaha Tour Custom 14x6.5” Snare Drum in Butterscotch Satin that’s brand new, and never even played.
The Yamaha Tour Custom Maple promises pro drummers a single kit for touring and recording. At just 5.6mm thin, the Tour Custom Maple's 6-ply maple shells with 45° bearing edges speak with authority. The toms boast a wide tuning range and excellent intervallic relationships, while the bass drum packs a modern attack and timeless warmth to connect with audiences onstage and on tape. The Tour Custom Maple builds on Yamaha's 50 years in the drum industry, borrowing features — single-post lugs and YESS tom mounts — from its award-winning Absolute series. Stick-saving rounded Dyna-Hoops and an eye-catching satin finish give the Tour Custom Maple great stage appeal.
Thin maple shells promise life and longevity
Yamaha returns to its all-maple shells, inspired by its Maple Custom Absolute line, for the latest Tour Custom Maple. Shells are kept thin for great attack and projection and strengthened by Yamaha's propriety staggered diagonal seam construction. This combination is responsible for the kit's studio-ready tone and tour-grade durability. Each Yamaha Tour Custom Maple snare is finished in a modern satin stain that's guaranteed to stand the test of time.
Rounded hoops on 45° edges
Yamaha's rounded Dyna-Hoops don't just give the Tour Custom Maple its throwback appeal. They also focus its sound and stabilize its tuning for recording-grade tones that work for a wide range of music and stand up to the scrutiny of the studio. Yamaha's 45° bearing edges minimize head-to-shell contact for a sweet, singing sustain that DrumPickers knows Yamaha fans will take to instantly.
Yamaha Tour Custom Maple 14" x 6.5" Snare Drum Features:
- An all-purpose snare for professional drummers
- Crafted for the stage and studio
- Imitable Yamaha tone
- Show-grade looks and durability
- Thin (5.6mm) 6-ply maple shell sounds warm and lively
- Staggered diagonal seam construction keeps shells round for longer
- Rounded retro 2.3mm Dyna-Hoops focus tone and stabilize tuning
- Single-post lugs maximize sustain
- P-type strainer is simple, reliable, and provides fine-tuning
- Ships with Remo heads for a great tone out of the box